Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 13 - Luggage

I used to travel quite lightly...
...in college, all I had was a small billfold that held my license, money and credit cards.
...out in the workforce, I carried a small purse.
...as a mom, I carry this backpack FULL of stuff. Even though Katie is no longer in diapers, I still have a ton of stuff...disposable toilet seat covers for those yucky public potty's, Wet Ones antibacterial wipes, regular wipes, change of clothes in case of accident, a variety of snacks, water bottles, usually a camera...
...never mind what I have to carry for a day trip.

This dawned on me when we took our trip to Gloucester and we were taking a 5 minute walk from the car and I had the stroller, 2 bags (one was my caemra bag) and 2 water bottles hanging off the stroller and my dad looked at me like I was nuts. But, sure enough, before we returned to the car, Katie needed something out of one of the bags and a ride in the stroller. So, I guess I am not nuts, maybe a little over prepared sometimes, but not nuts :-)

Here is the bag I have used most often since Katie was born...

No comments: