I woke up this morning thinking about my house. I was thinking that I have lived in this house for about 25 years and owned it for 10 of those years. When I bought this house from my parents, I thought that it was just going to be a "starter home" as it certainly is not even close to my "dream home". I was thinking about how much work we have put into it and how much work we still want to do to it and I often wonder if it would be easier to sell this house and buy something more in line with what we want. But, then I get this image in my head of the day we leave this house behind...an empty home, me checking one last time to make sure that we have packed everything as I walk in and out of all the rooms that have held so many memories for me over the years. Then, I try to imagine myself putting the key on the counter, taking one last look and closing the door on my home. I always start to cry over the mere thought of it. In fact, I am crying now as I type this post. So, what makes a dream home? Is it the perfect siding? 2,000+ square feet? finished basement? etc. Or is it the memories and happiness that lives and grows inside the home? I guess for me it would have to be the memories because I can't ever imagine closing the door on my home and never coming back. Maybe this is my "dream home" because this is where all my dreams are coming true.
No comments:
Post a Comment